Increased Engagement for Service and Support
With the relaxing of pandemic protocols, we’ve been able to increase our travel and engagement with both the national church and the missionaries that we serve. Following our prayer retreat with the Latin America Caribbean (LAC) Leadership Team, we hit the road in our Speed the Light vehicle to Leon, Guanajuato, the setting of last year’s General Council, to attend the National Women’s Conference. There, Kelly joined the group of 6,000 ladies from across Mexico that was inspired and equipped during the three-day event (first photo). We were also able to appreciate the creativity of fellow missionary, Angela Hogan, who designed and coordinated the creation of the traditional cross-stitch scenery pieces for the event.
Closer to home, in Mexico City, we’ve found how our proximity to the national offices has given us the opportunity to cultivate key relationships. During the Executive Presbytery meetings in early February, Dave was able to meet with the newly elected national missions director, Abiud Montoya, and secretary, Honorio Andrade (last photo), to discuss ways in which we can help them to develop their department and increase their impact both nationally, among unreached people groups, and internationally.
Among the missionary body, we’ve begun a focus on soul care, and Kelly has been leading several of the ladies of the Mexico Missionary Fellowship (MMF) through the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course (EHS). EHS is designed to promote holistic transformation in areas that are sometimes neglected in traditional discipleship programs, and the women of the MMF are enjoying the meaningful ministry in their own lives and the access to the tools they’ll be able to share with others. Dave also joined the LAC training team to teach the Bible in Ministry competency during candidate orientation in Springfield, MO, March 5th-11th (middle photo).
Note: this post is just a portion of what we share in our quarterly newsletter. If you’d like more information from the Godzwas or would like to print this update, take a look at the full PDF version of our quarterly newsletter or, better still, sign up to receive our newsletters direct to your inbox!
Tags: Discipleship, Missions, Newsletter, team ministry
- David Godzwa on Help We Never Knew We Needed: “Thanks, Mom! Your response is very encouraging. And, yes, Kaixin is always wanting to come along.” Feb 13, 16:07
- Kimberly Yaple on Help We Never Knew We Needed: “Kelly & Dave, You both are a blessing not only to those on the field but to family as well,…” Feb 11, 15:54
- Kim Yaple on Glass Shards: Walking Toward Maturity as Disciples and Missionaries: “Beautiful analogy Kelly. Mom Col. 1:3-14” Jul 12, 18:34
- Kimberly Yaple on Thankfulness in Transition: “I am thankful you arrived here safely and you are here in Erie! You are all a blessing. Love, Mom” Jul 14, 18:31
- David A. Yaple on Growing Into It: “I LIKE – Keep on Keeping us updated !!!!” Aug 19, 10:51