As I’ve mentioned in a prior post, to date, no coordinated effort has been made by the Assemblies of God of Yucatán to plant churches directed at reaching the Maya-speaking population of the Yucatan peninsula, but soon that’s all about to change.
Next Tuesday, October 11th, we kick off our church planting seminar in coordination with Cruzadas Estudiantiles of Mexico, Power to Change of Canada and the Assemblies of God District of Yucatán. We’ll be working together with 12 pastors and a team of two church planters to direct our efforts toward planting Maya-speaking works in the states of Yucatan and Quintana Roo. Our goal is that at the end of a year’s time, 12 new missions will be running, doing their part in God’s plan to redeem the Maya people.
We’re excited and confident that the road-tested program and the months of planning will pay off, but at the same we’re keenly aware of our need for God’s presence to guide and direct us. For that reason, we’re appealing to you. Please take a few moments and pray:
- For the safe arrival of all of the participants before the seminar and safe travel throughout as we tour various church planting sites.
- For the tangible presence of God and a keen awareness of His voice throughout our meetings.
- For an openness among the pastors and church planters to new ideas and new ways of doing ministry.
- For an honest evaluation of the program and a meaningful, culturally relevant application of its principle ideas.
- For communication of the information being passed on, that clear understanding would lead to decisive action.
Thanks for your support, and be looking to hear from us next week during the event!
Comments are now closed.